Dangerous goods are articles or substances which are capable of posing a risk to health, safety, property or the environment.
The Operations and Airworthiness Section is responsible for the approval and ongoing surveillance of compliance by airlines and organisations involved in the carriage of dangerous goods by air.
The transport of dangerous goods by air is regulated according the Regulation No. 6/2011 on Transportation on Dangerous Goods by Air, ICAO Annex 18 as well as the ICAO Doc. 9284 - Technical Instruction for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air.
The successful implementation of regulations concerning safe transport of dangerous goods by air and their objectives are greatly dependent on the appreciation by all individuals concerned of the risks involved and on a detailed understanding of the Regulations. This can only be achieved by properly planned and maintained initial and recurrent training programs for all persons concerned in the transport of dangerous goods.
It is the responsibility of operators for ensuring that the initial and recurrent training programmes are established, maintained and approved by CAA meeting the minimum training requirements of the Technical Publication (TP-17) on Approval of Dangerous Goods Training Programmes.
Initial and recurrent training programmes must be established and maintained by or on behalf of:
• shippers of dangerous goods, including packers and persons or organisations undertaking the responsibilities of the shipper;operators;
• ground handling agencies which perform, on behalf of the operator, the act of accepting, handling, loading, unloading, transferring or other processing of cargo;
• ground handling agencies located at an airport which perform, on behalf of the operator, the act of processing passengers;
• agencies, not located at an airport, which perform, on behalf of the operator, the act of checking in passengers;
• freight forwarders; and
• agencies engaged in the security screening of passengers and their baggage,
covering the dangerous goods element of their responsibilities to ensure they can meet the requirements of Regulation No. 6/2011 on Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Air.
- Regulation 08-2014 Conditions and methods of transporting dangerous goods by air
- Regulation 06-2011 Transport of dangerous goods by air
- Technical publications
- TP 17 - Approval of Dangerous Goods Training Programmes
- TP 23 - Kushtet dhe mënyra e transportimit të mallrave të rrezikshme përmes ajrit
- DG-FRM 09 - Report of Dangerous Goods Transportation
- DG-FRM 08 - Acceptance of Dangerous Goods Instructor
- DG-FRM 07 - Allocation of Registration Numbers of Participants
- DG-FRM 06 - Approval of Dangerous Goods Training Programme
- DG-FRM 05 - Certification of Training Providers
- DG-FRM 04 - Acceptance of Dangerous Goods Coordinator
- DG-FRM 03 - Issuance-Renewal of Dangerous Goods Certificate
- DG-FRM 02 - Permission to Carry Weapons Munitions Explosives Noxious or Toxic Gasses Nuclear Fuel and Radioactive Materials
- DG-FRM 01 - Approval-Exemption to Carry Dangerous Goods under Special Circumstances
- Occurrence RF-04 (Dangerous Goods)